14 - 16 June, 2016
Contact Us: 44(0)207 036 1309
16th June - Day 3 - Exploiting New Frontiers In Technology And Talent Management
08:30 - 09:00 Registration and coffee
09:10 - 09:50 Case Study - The Advertisers’ Perspective: How To Select A Data Management Platform That Best Meets Your Needs And Build The Business Case For InvestmentSioban Shortt, Director Procurement Marketing MEU & Global Media,Mondelez
- The purchasing process: how to map the market to choose the data management platform (DMP) that best meets your needs
- How to build the business case internally to invest in a data management platform
- What you should hope to achieve by using it
- Unifying data and unlocking the value: how to improve your data management to meet business and marketing objectives
- The importance of having an internal DMP – why it is worth investing in an in house capability
- Lessons learned from the initial roll out and how to adjust your platform to respond to changing data needs
Sioban ShorttDirector Procurement Marketing MEU & Global Media
09:50 - 10:30 Case Study Revolution - Which Technologies Should You Invest In To Optimise Your Spend And Achieve Full Transparency?Peter Rowe, Senior Marketing Manager,Royal Bank of Scotland
- Technology is making it easier to bring many services, such as social media monitoring, programmatic buying, data management, etc., in house – what technologies and tools are worth investing in?
- What resources do you need to properly integrate new technologies into your company?
- Is it better to buy a complete suite of marketing tools, or choose best in class from separate providers? What are the benefits and disadvantages of both options?
- What is marketing procurement’s role in technology investment decisions? How can you gain visibility of the investment cases and help manage the purchasing process, while working alongside internal stakeholders in IT, Marketing and Operations?
Peter RoweSenior Marketing Manager
Royal Bank of Scotland
10:30 - 10:50 Industry Insight Presentation - Adaptive Marketing: How To Navigate The Universe Of New Technologies And Decide Which Are Best Placed To Drive Greater End To End Marketing ValueNorm Johnston, Global Chief Strategy & Digital Officer,Mindshare
Jack Welch one said “there are only two sources of competitive advantage: the ability to learn more about our customers faster than the competition and the ability to turn that learning into action faster than the competition.” In his session, Norm will share examples from his recently published book Adaptive Marketing, which illustrate how marketers are taking Jack’s advice and leveraging real-time data, regardless of its size, to rapidly adapt their marketing activity to make it more relevant than ever to customers. As Norm will demonstrate, the increasingly synchronous data flow derived from digital channels can be used to adapt everything from pricing to product to promotions. And despite the protestations from certain creative directors, data can actually fuel imagination and great ideas.
Norm JohnstonGlobal Chief Strategy & Digital Officer
10:50 - 11:20 Morning coffee and networking
Stream A: New Frontiers In Talent Management11:20 - 11:40 Case Study - How To Increase Your Talent Acquisition Competency Level With An In House Training Programme Edit Konig-Bihari, Global Category Director, Market Sourcing,Telenor
- How to develop an in house training programme to meet your sourcing needs – the rationale behind the investment and how it has so far achieved our talent goals
- Focusing on marketing sourcing development: how to improve skills such as digital marketing competency in the organisation – what tools and strategies are best to use?
- Is in house always the way to go? When to consider an outsourcing option to fill skills gaps and how to address the potential customer data and privacy issues outsourcing can bring
Edit Konig-BihariGlobal Category Director, Market Sourcing
Stream B: Drill Down Roundtables11:20 - 11:40 Drill Down Roundtables Traci Dunne, Consultancy & Best Practice Manager,ISBA Samer Al-Karmi, Head of Marketing Procurement,Capital One Claire Randall, Director,Claire Randall Consulting Neil Lane, Global Managing Director, Content,Splash Worldwide
- In an era of increased transparency needs on media spend, how can you ensure your agency contracts are properly structured to address the level of detail needed?
- How can you open up the dialogue with your agencies to have a clearer understanding of the agency financial model and reflect key objectives in your contract?
- Is there a consensus on what’s fair game? How to balance the conflicting needs of agencies and clients on best price and transparency
Traci Dunne, Consultancy & Best Practice Manager, ISBA
Claire Randall, Director, Claire Randall Consulting
Neil Lane, Global Managing Director, Content, Splash Worldwide
- The current fusion between innovative new marketing technologies and smarter content production solutions is further confusing an already complex marketplace for clients wanting to understand the options available to them.
- During this roundtable we will review the current landscape; challenges being faced by procurement; barriers to success and how one client addressed these challenges by conducting an audit with the objectives of streamlining process; optimising spend & maximising output through the use of marketing technology.
Traci DunneConsultancy & Best Practice Manager
Samer Al-KarmiHead of Marketing Procurement
Claire Randall Consulting
Neil LaneGlobal Managing Director, Content
Stream A: New Frontiers In Talent Management11:40 - 12:25 Interactive Panel Finding - The Best Talent To Deliver On Future Marketing Procurement Needs: What Will Be The New Skill Sets Required? Paula O'Reilly, Marketing Procurement Category Lead,BT Sophia Battle, European Procurement Director, Marketing Services,Nike Louise Deane, Category Manager – Marketing,Suntory
When hiring which one of these criteria should take a priority over the other – soft skills, cultural match, and category expertise in areas such as digital, consumer products and market intelligence?
Is it better to train internally or hire outside expertise? Where have you seen the most success?
Where the marketing procurement leaders of tomorrow are coming from - is it better to recruit from agencies, or internally from marketing departments and procurement?
Comparing external resources for discovering new talent - LinkedIn, recruitment companies, graduate networks, mentoring programmes and other online or outsourcing networks - is there a clear winner?
Paula O'ReillyMarketing Procurement Category Lead
Sophia BattleEuropean Procurement Director, Marketing Services
Louise DeaneCategory Manager – Marketing
Stream B: Drill Down Roundtables11:40 - 12:25 Drill Down Roundtables Continue
12:25 - 13:20 Networking lunch
13:20 - 14:05 Interactive Panel - The Marketing Procurement Department Of The Future: Do We Need The Word ‘Procurement’?Steve Lightfoot, Global Communications Procurement Manager,World Federation of Advertisers Jane Dormer, Group Marketing & Digital Procurement Director,Sky Sioban Shortt, Director Procurement Marketing MEU & Global Media,Mondelez Barry Byrne, Global Procurement Director – Marketing Services,SAB Miller Myriam Benichou, Global Purchasing Director Marketing Services,L’Oreal Christine Lithgow Smith, Head of Procurement,British Gas
- In companies where marketing is truly seen as an investment rather than a cost, should marketing procurement no longer be part of the supply chain and instead be part of a more commercial part of the business and report into the CMO?
- Can we ever truly move on from the endless competing demands from marketing and procurement?
- Changing the metrics to change the conversation: how to focus on getting full value out of marketing investments to grow your brand - will we ever move on from the perception of a cost saving function to one that offers commercial value?
- What will the profile of the marketing procurement leader of the future look like - will marketing or procurement expertise be more important?
- Can we make marketing procurement a more attractive function to work in comparison to marketing?
Steve LightfootGlobal Communications Procurement Manager
World Federation of Advertisers
Jane DormerGroup Marketing & Digital Procurement Director
Sioban ShorttDirector Procurement Marketing MEU & Global Media
Barry ByrneGlobal Procurement Director – Marketing Services
Myriam BenichouGlobal Purchasing Director Marketing Services
Christine Lithgow SmithHead of Procurement
14:05 - 14:45 Case Study Revolution - The Rise Of Content Marketing: How Can Marketing Procurement Best Manage This TransformationDarren Woolley, Founder & Global Chief Executive Officer,Trinity P3
- What is the role of content? Is there no more ATL or BTL, but just content?
- What is procurement’s role in managing this transformation?
- What agency and supplier sources can service the content marketing needs?
- Does content marketing mean doing more with less?
- What new marketing and production models are required?
Darren WoolleyFounder & Global Chief Executive Officer
14:45 - 15:30 Unconference Live: Your Final Opportunity To Have Your Unanswered Questions Addressed By Experts - To Ensure You Leave The Conference With All The Practical Insight You Need To Make Your Marketing Procurement World Class
Join the ProcureCon 2016 Advisory Board and key speakers to make sure you leave no stone unturned!
After 3 days of panel discussions, presentations, workshops and roundtables, is there anything you’d like to explore in more depth? Is there anything you’d like to hear more about? A unique opportunity to address your outstanding questions and prepare for the next big step-changes in your industry